MEMBER SPOTLIGHT FEBRUARY 2017
Company description: Proficio is a provider of managed detection and response services. Its innovative approach to managed security service delivery is changing the way organizations defend against advanced threats, achieve regulatory compliance, and prevent security breaches. Proficio’s ProSOC service provides highly accurate, 24×7 security monitoring and alerting, advanced threat detection, and automated response services. Proficio is the trusted managed security service provider for some of the world’s leading utility, healthcare, industrial, and consumer-focused organizations.
Top executive: Tim McElwee, President/Chairman of the Board
Location: 3264 Grey Hawk Court, Carlsbad, CA 92010 (corporate headquarters); Singapore and Sydney, Australia (international offices)
Quotable: “Enterprises are spending more on security products and tools, yet unfortunately data breaches continue at an unprecedented rate. Organizations need to more accurately identify critical events and automate their response to attacks and suspicious behavior to contain and remediate threats before they result in a damaging security breach. Our managed security services leverage advanced analytics, threat intelligence, and orchestrated incident response to provide our customers unrivalled cybersecurity protection.” –Tim McElwee
Company slogan: “Managed Detection and Response Services Leader”
Recent milestone: (Nov. 28, 2016) Proficio raised $12 million in a round of funding led by Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, L.P., a leading alternative investment management firm focused primarily on the middle market in North America. The funding comes out of the firm’s Kayne Partners Fund group, which backs high-growth technology enabled businesses. The company plans to use the investment to expand its global geographical presence in the Americas, Asia Pacific and Europe, and introduce new cybersecurity platforms and services.
Latest news: (Feb. 20, 2017) Proficio announced it has enhanced its ProSOC service offerings to help healthcare organizations more easily meet U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) HIPAA compliance. Proficio’s new HIPAA Compliance Insight service enables hospitals and healthcare organizations to be prepared when faced with an audit with well-defined processes, procedures, and documentation to quickly visualize and address their compliance posture, while effortlessly implementing accountability.
HIPAA compliance is an ongoing process, and regulations will continue to change as new risks become apparent. To help healthcare organizations navigate this evolving regulatory landscape, Proficio’s HIPAA Compliance Insight service includes regularly scheduled HHS compliance meetings hosted by Proficio, with investigations where needed to meet HHS requirements, detailed personalized reports that include the section and regulation mapped to specific
- (Dec. 15, 2016) Proficio partnered with CrowdStrike, the leader in cloud-delivered endpoint protection, to help customers deploy comprehensive security technology and services to protect their digital assets from the endpoint to the cloud.
- (July 4, 2016) Proficio was named the winner of the Singapore-based CIOHONOUR Award in the Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) category for Enterprise Security. Award-winning firms are selected on the results of a poll of over 500 IT decision-makers in Singapore.
- (June 28, 2016) Proficio was added to the Cybersecurity 500, which salutes the world’s most innovative cybersecurity companies. The firm is listed in the category of Managed Security Providers.
- (May 25, 2016) Proficio announced the opening of its new headquarters and Security Operations Center (SOC) in Singapore. The new state-of-the-art SOC is a center of innovation and deliver advanced cyber security services. Located in The Signature in Changi Business Park, the new center is triple the size of the previous facility and supports the rapid growth in Proficio’s global customer base.
- Tim McElwee, President/Chairman of the Board
Tim is a senior executive with over 20 years of experience in building, operating and growing information technology companies. He has held multiple executive positions, including CEO of Imperito Networks, the first cloud-based VPN software company; and at Phoenix Technologies (Nasdaq PTEC) and Ramp Networks (acquired by Nokia). Tim has co-authored multiple patents and has a proven track record of launching new companies, leading highly successful global organizations, and creating shareholder value.
- Brad Taylor, CEO
Brad has 20-plus years of experience in the enterprise software, security, and networking industries as a senior executive in sales, marketing, business development, acquisitions, operations, and venture capital. He has built and managed multiple sales teams as a VP of Sales and assisted in two highly successful IPOs with RSA Security (RSAS, now EMC) and ArcSight (ARST). In addition, he has helped several companies get up and running to successful sales and market positions as a VP of Worldwide Sales/Marketing/Business Development for companies including eIQnetworks, SOA Software, and AirTight Networks.